KARMA YOGA/VOLUNTEER WORK
‘Happiness is not having a lot. Happiness is giving a lot. ‘-Buddha
Karma yoga is; choosing to take actions without the attachment to the fruit or results of the actions. Volunteering is to take action and help people other than family members, without expecting anything in return.
- ACCESS: Administrative Commitee for English-speaking services, Fund Raising and Marketing Departments, 1998-2000, The Netherlands.
- Türkiye Eğitim Gönüllüleri Vakfı (TEGV)-Gültepe: The Education Volunteers Foundation of Turkey: Computer and English classes for 8-year olds , 2001, İstanbul.
- McDonald’s Children’s Foundation: Projects for Children with Cancer, 2001, İstanbul.
- Start-up stage of the Corporate Volunteers Association, 2002, İstanbul.
- Türkiye Eğitim Gönüllüleri Vakfı (TEGV),Citibank and Juniour Achievment Foundation and Citibank Social Responsibility Projects, 2001-2005, İstanbul.
- Junior Achievement Foundation Board Member, 2005, İstanbul.
- Feedback: Re-distribution of excess food for communities in need, Operations 2006-2008, South Africa*
- Volunteered at TEMA Foundation about environmental issyes and ‘Yavru TEMA ‘ & Eco-schools Projects (www.tema.org.tr) education department in Urla-İzmir branch in 2008-2010
- CHI (Child Helpline International), Amsterdam, 2013-2014
- ACCESS, Expat Center Help Desk, Amsterdam, 2018-present
- ACCESS, Community Education Manager, Amsterdam, 2018-present
- Yoga classes at residential homes for the elderly, 2005, İstanbul
- vYASA Yoga Teacher’s Certificate Program, 2004 and 2005 Teacher Trainings of Yoga Asanas, İstanbul
- Volunteer yoga classes for Feedback employees, 2007-2008, South Africa
- yOgaMini Volunteer Projects**, 2008-2012
- Divine Shakti Foundation volunteer projects and giving yoga lessons at Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Rishikesh, July 2015
- Teen Yoga lessons at De Dolfijn Swim Club, Amsterdam, 2016-2017
- Recovery Yoga, Narchotic Anonymous, Amsterdam, 2017-present
*Received a ‘Community Service Award’ from Feedback-Rotary Club of Durban in South Africa, 2007.
**yOgaMini Volunteer Projects: These Projects created funds for children who are in need in Africa and Turkey mainly for supporting their education. In addition, by giving yOgaMini Project lessons on a volunteer basis, aim is to support children’s physical, spiritual, social and mental development. The sponsorship funds came from yOgaMini classes and the income from Dolanay’s book ‘Lotus Çiçekleri-yOgaMini Projesi’.